We help the city of Buffalo administer its Emergency Assistance Program (PDF) in the North and Niagara districts. The program helps eligible residents with urgent issues like broken furnaces and electrical hazards. Check back here for updates on the availability of slots, or contact one of our Housing Specialists (see below).
The following are general guidelines for Emergency Assistance Program qualification. For more detailed information--especially for specifics on qualifying repairs--please read the city's Emergency Repair Program PDF.
- You must have owned and occupied your home for at least one (1) year preceding your application.
- The property must be in generally good condition (reasonably well-maintained and structurally sound)
- You must be income-eligible, meeting federal guidelines for low- or very low-income households.
Qualifying repairs include:
- Break in sanitary system
- Break in water service
- Leaking roof system*
- Electrical hazards at main panel
- Hazardous chimney
- Water meter installation
- Defective heating system
- Defective hot water storage heater
*Available only to very low-income households or to low-income elderly or disabled households
Call or email one of our Housing Specialists:
Tuesday-Friday, 8:00-6:00: (716) 877-3910
Tuesday-Friday, 8:30-3:30: (716) 877-3910